Android IOS devices

Hello

I’m trying to setup an environment where I use an Samsung Android tablet as a controlpanel attached near our main door. At the same time I want to have our two Iphones running a different environment.

I may be abit slow here, but how can I go about making different environments for different device types?

Regards
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

Can you elaborate more by what you mean by different environments? Do you mean different dashboards compared to the iPhones?

Cheers,
Grant

hello

Yes, that is what I meant. Android tab will be landscape, and phones portrait with different resolution, and possible different user dashboards.

Regards
Tommy

1 Like

I just created a HowTo for this very question…

Hello

Wow, that was fast and nice of you.

I will try it out :grinning::+1:

Tommy

Hello

I now understood how this works :slight_smile:

Thanks alot.

Tommy

After creating tiles for the Iphone, there is one thing that I wonder if it possible to get around?
Whenever I hit the refresh button on the bottom right of the app, it takes me to the default page for my Android tab. I then need to select my iphone page again. Sometimes it will also refresh itself and use the Android page on my IOS device.

/Tommy

This is fixed in v1.4 - there is a new tabbed and ordered dashboards feature, along with the user account being able to define the default dashboard (that loads on startup/refresh etc) and this will mean you can set this.

Note that if you have the same account shared between two platforms, then you really should use the Guest Management feature to setup a guest account that has its own access token and specify the dashboard for the Android Tablet. I use myhome_streetaddress@gmail.com as the account for the Guest tablet so that I can define the limited dashboards that can only be controlled by the tablet.

Nice, thanks for your prompt answers :slight_smile: Any ETA on 1.4?

regards
Tommy

Should be out in early Jan. Currently undergoing testing.

1 Like