To setup my phone for alarm clock duty I scan a printed QR code to load my phone to the Default dashboard which contains seven Dash Link tiles. This means the phone has permission to access any of eight dashboards (itself plus seven others).
Next, from the Default dashboard I select a Dash Link tile to a dashboard which contains three Change Dashboard To tiles and I leave the phone in that state overnight. Note: at this time the display shows the appropriate tiles with a row of 8 tabs across the bottom, and everything works as expected. After an unknown period of time (I am still testing) all the tabs disappear except the tab for the current dashboard and the Change Dashboard To tiles no longer respond to a tap command.
To fix it I logout then scan a QR code to log back in to the default dashboard and everything is back to normal.
Is this running the very latest update? v1.5.1 of hubiVue??
Actually, I think I’ve figured out what might be the bug. I’ll report back when I’ve ironed it out.
The version is 1.5.1 build 15114.
Last night while testing I found a mistake in my menu construction. Two of the Change Dashboard To tiles were duplicates of the Default tile. That is they pointed to the Default dashboard but the labels said something else. I deleted one of them and corrected the other. Since making that change the odd behavior has gone away.
Without any change to the dashboard structure the odd behavior has returned. It looks like it sometimes takes many hours to occur.
I’ve definitely found a bug that would cause this to occur. I will release an update soon that will stop this from occuring.
Thanks for the hard work. I really enjoying using this dashboard. I am trying to develop a dashboard so simple that my wife can put up with it. She hates computers and automation.
Saw someone on the HE Forum who achieves high WAF by using a photo of each actual room in the house as a background for his dashes. Smart!
I decided to cheat. My wife’s all time favorite actor, guess who.