How many have already switched?

Many of us have been here since the first few days. How many of us have already switched to using Hubivue as your primary dashboard over the native dashboards or one of the other dashboard apps?

2 Likes

I’m still using the competition for now. But there are many good things I like here so I’m still checking for the improvements… And you ?

For a daily driver, yes I have switched. I made the switch about a week after it came out. I still keep Hubitat dashboards for reference, but it’s no longer my default.

1 Like

What’s missing? How can I make you take the leap ??

FYI - over 130 users have tried, actively using, or was recently using the service… so there is growing interest out there :smiley:

1 Like

I made the switch BUT I have to run the old one if I forget my readers (on the phone or tablet) or they aren’t handy. I just want larger fonts on the tiles to be 100% happy. I don’t need a full blown theme editor, just bigger fonts so my older eyes don’t need readers to see everything on the tiles. Having said that the enhanced icon options help a lot, being able to choose on and off icons.

2 Likes

It is FULLY configurable, tiles, icons, text, positioning, even a configurable tile called by another tile before completing the action.

I’m still learning the other one too and this is my desktop dashboard and I’m still working on many dasboard pages:

This is my phone simple dashboard:

1 Like

So at a high level, it’s almost there - the next major release of hubiVue it will be fully configurable, but if you’re comparing detail for details then it will be a while before it’s feature complete.

For example, no you cannot edit / modify a tiles config due to a runtime action.

What’s the use case for why you want to modify a tile by the action (tapping I assume) of another? Why is that useful?

Have you looked at a dashboard that’s 2 columns wide? The app scales everything up, so 2 columns vs 3 would be considerably larger fonts, larger icons, larger everything …!

1 Like

During winter (using a condition on a tile) I want to be sure that if I asked to open a water valve that it is not by mistake (asking a confirmation).

1 Like

I know this but the font seems to small. Why can’t I pick a bigger point size? Maybe up the default from what it is now with a +1 button?

So adding pre conditions and post conditions, with a list of what those conditions could be (such as time / date, sum of attribute/s, specific values, confirmation, etc) - that seems fairly reasonable

1 Like